Friday, August 8, 2008

Playing catch up...



Although I failed to take pictures of some recent triumphs - our housewarming barbecue, poached halibut with mango slaw and avocado mash, grilled chicken with grilled stone fruits to name a few - here are some recent edible adventures...

Eric wanted a poppy-seed cake for his birthday, so I adapted my old friend Teddy's apple cake and made this nectarine poppy seed cake, replacing apples and walnuts with nectarines and poppy seeds. the blackberries on top were picked from Eric and Ariel's backyard!

The birthday boy blowing out the candles. I was pleased enough with this new version of the old standard that I made it again for my snack day in my Curriculum and Instruction class...



In our unpacking days, Daniel chows down on sushi. This is not from the place we've since settled on as ours, but they did have these really strange seaweed salad rolls...




Another snack for class - these were blueberry, lime, coconut pound cake muffins. They went over quite nicely...


Not my favorite of recent green market based meals, but not bad. This was poached chicken with blackberry relish; a rocket, avocado and heirloom tomato salad; and at Daniel's request Israeli couscous. Nice colors I think.

1 comment:

eric said...

Thank you Katie for the delicious nectarine poppy seed birthday cake. It was lovely! So are quite the baker!