Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Bread Project - Whole Grain Focaccia


Yesterday, as I was making myself a little breakfast (the usual English muffin with Laughing Cow and jam - gotta stock up now before Passover and Europe interrupt my flow), I realized that we had no bread for Daniel's lunch.

Being the crafty baker that I've become, I thought, "Looks like a job for the bread project," and I thumbed through my recipes for something that I could make fairly quickly with ingredients that we had already in house. And so whole grain focaccia was born. I have no idea where I found this recipe, but with only one half hour rise, it fit the bill. I adapted it slightly, substituting a cup of white bread flour for one of the whole wheat cups to make it a little lighter, and forgoing sprinkling garlic on top. Instead I went for some rosemary, oregano, and gray sea salt. It came out very nicely, and I think Daniel's sandwich (turkey, hummus, and hot sauce) looked pretty good...

No comments: