Saturday, April 12, 2008

Got to use up that chametz!


With all of the baking I've been doing, I've accrued a large amount of flour, sugar, corn meal, oats, baking soda, etc, etc, etc. I gaze at my baking cabinet like a proud mother, beaming at all of my little boxes and bags. But Passover and the Move loom, so I've got to use it all up. This week is about finishing the flour in advance of Passover, and then next week I'll finish off the non-chametz baking supplies before we have to pack up all of our belongings.

So yesterday afternoon, I adapted a Whole Foods recipe for sunflower cherry oatmeal breakfast bars. I did flaxseeds instead of sunflowers and pluot butter instead of cherry preserves and fresh tangerine juice instead of orange juice, and the result - delicious. A real keeper.

No comments: