Monday, March 9, 2009

The Bread Project - Coconut bread

Thanks to the Times of London's list of the 50 Best Food Blogs, last week I discovered a whole bounty of new recipes. I wanted to try one out immediately, so I looked through my cabinets and realized that I had a pantry calling out for me to make this Coconut bread recipe from The Wednesday Chef.

At my suggestion, and Daniel's immediate acceptance, I added chocolate chips into the mix. It took a good bit longer to bake than the hour the recipe suggested, and since we had dinner plans (at Burma Superstar!), I had to take it out of the oven while it was still a bit ooey gooey, but really, when it comes to chocolatey baked goods, a little ooey gooey never hurt anyone.

I have to say, this is not a recipe I'll probably return to. I found the combination of cinnamon and coconut here a little odd, but Daniel has been enjoying it as toast, so it's not a total loss, and the rest of the recipes on the site sound great. More to come...

No comments: