Friday, March 6, 2009

We Want Food - Holy Basil, Batman!

The picture may not be terribly clear, but one thing is - this recipe is a keeper. Made Gai Pad Krapow for din din last night , and loved the results.

I pulled the recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Serious Eats and will definitely make it again. I made a few adjustments because what I had on hand (switched ground chicken for ground turkey; used broccolini instead of green beans; added some soy sauce; and chiffonaded the basil before adding.) I also went without the egg because, frankly, I forgot. I did, however, make and use the Nam Pla Prik (chili fish sauce), which in my opinion, totally made the dish. It added the tang of the lime and the umami of the fish sauce. The whole dish was spicy and salty and flavorful. Can't wait to have it again (although being a dutiful girlfriend, I let Daniel take the leftovers for lunch today...)

No comments: